Halsted, the leading supplier of building and plumbing materials in Zimbabwe modernizes its stores, improves operations and gets higher agility with Openbravo for Retail.
"Halsted chose Openbravo for its requirements fit and low total cost of ownership, for the ability to support a mobile workforce, and the organization's E-commerce aspirations going forward"
Group Accountant at Halsted.
- Effective management of hundreds of daily orders.
- Improved analysis and decision-making process with more accurate real time sales information.
- Consolidated information from every branch.
- Centralized master data.
- Improved operational store control with effective use of user permissions and more accurate cash management on each register.
- Nowadays 6 branches in production.
- Improve the stores' operational control and get higher visibility into their performance.
- Deal with a huge number of heterogeneous products (abrasive, adhesives, brushware, cabinet hardware, electrical, fencing and wire, home hardware, nails, nuts, bolts and screws, paint, rope and twine, water tanks).
- Adopt a solution that facilitates progress in their E-Commerce aspirations.
With country-wide branches and multiple currencies, the company was looking for a modern, modular solution that would improve its controls and reporting, and grow with the business.
- After evaluating other market leader solutions like Sage X3 and Kerridge Commercial Systems K8 product, Halsted decided to migrate to Openbravo for Retail from its legacy product FMCG.
- Each branch is managed as a whole company with its own sales management, procurement management, warehouse management and financial management.
- The flexibility of the solution made it possible to adapt to key requirements such as integration with fiscal devices, the option of multi-currency payments in a single transaction or specific cash management on each terminal to comply with Halsted security policies.
Halsted is the leading timber/building essentials/plumbing materials supplier in Zimbabwe, with exceptional levels of customer service and a large stock holding to cater to all requirements.