Openbravo has a unique value proposition, and as a growing business expanding into the wider European marketplace it needs to have a direct and proactive approach to customer engagement.
Openbravo needs to build collaborative commercial relationships with mid-market and speciality retailers within the Spanish domestic market, and with large multi-nationals planning to break or expand into emerging international territories i.e. India, China, Brazil etc.
As part of their continuing growth strategy Openbravo are hiring a Sales Manager to lead all sales development activities within Spain, and new business from across the European retail marketplace as needed.
Reporting directly to the COO, the SM (Spain) will be based in Barcelona or Madrid (Spain), and responsible for pursuing and winning new business opportunities from across the retail ecosystem.
The Sales Manager will initially be an individual contributor, with a mandate to target medium to large retail sales opportunities domestically, and internationally for Spanish headquartered companies.
The function of Project Manager has the following key areas of responsibility.
- Acquire a deep knowledge of Openbravo solutions, products and services, becoming a subject matter expert in the Openbravo value proposition and its suitability for retail customers
- Active research customers and competitors, collaborating with marketing to generate sales data and leads, being involved in business events and public speaking where appropriate
- Build a strategic prospecting plan to ensure a large and growing pipeline, driving steady growth from the Spain region by acquiring new customers, with focus on potential new business opportunities
- Build or utilising a personal network of executive level decision makers across the Retail marketplace, and offering meaningful, strategic advice on technology solutions that can improve their business operations in Spain and overseas
- Establish and maintain open communication with potential customers, understanding their key business challenges, and presenting Openbravo solutions as a differentiated response to those needs
- Get familiar of existing clients, collaborating with account management teams in the protection of existing revenue, while identifying growth opportunities from existing customers
- Grow revenue from the Spanish retail marketplace, be a key team member to win and deliver on projects, manage accounts, actively contribute to group strategy, and represent the Spain region to the senior leadership team
- Work closely with the Presales team to:
- Identify and define prospective customers needs and objectives, on a technical and business level
- Present Openbravo's features and benefits to the key decision makers, and bespoke the technical solution to the requirement of the customer
- Deliver first class product demonstrations (online and on site) to demonstrate the value of the Openbravo solution to its new and potential customers
- Deliver and manage your sales projections, forecasting revenue, maintaining accurate and timely reporting, engagement with and use of CRM and related systems, and support F&A in managing accounts receivables for their account portfolio.
The professional we are seeking:
- 5-10 years’ experience of selling critical-mission software and/or services within the Retail sector
- A proven track record of growing a territory, and consistently outperforming against new business targets
- Personal contacts across the Retail marketplace at decision maker level
- Native or fluent Spanish speaker is a must, experience of conducting complex business negotiations in Spanish and English, knowledge of additional languages will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, excellent presentation skills
- Available for extensive travel
- Strong negotiation skills, high standards of integrity and professionalism, people-oriented with excellent relationship building skills
- An understanding of software development and the development life cycle would be considered a bonus, any previous knowledge of Openbravo for Retail would be of great benefit
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to email@example.com.
Please put "Sales Manager Spain" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!