Rotiboy, an Asian bakery leader modernizes its stores in Indonesia and gains higher visibility into operations with the Openbravo Commerce Platform.
“Openbravo is helping us to process our transactions effectively; it gives us added benefits in controlling our management flow in our accounting, production and operation departments. It has been a key solution for our retail business”
CEO of PT. Bintang Indo Jaya
- Effective processing of hundreds of daily transactions per store.
- Improved analysis and decision making process with more accurate real time sales information.
- Higher pricing agility with the ability to rapidly create and deploy discounts such as buy 2 get 3 for certain credit card holders, employee discounts, new product discounts or special discounts for credit card holders on certain dates amongst others.
- Better inventory control, especially for raw materials and finished products, with the reduction of manual tasks and automatic calculation of inventory costing.
- Improved production management both in the stores and in the factory.
- Improved cash flow management with integrated accounts payable and receivables.
- Improved control of sold products to franchisors.
- 10 stores running the new solution. More to be added in the short term.
- Effective integration of the front office and back office operations.
- Improvement of inventory management.
- Improvement of production management both in the factory (dough) and in the stores (bun).
- Management of a high number of transactions.
Rotiboy chose Openbravo for being an integrated retail system that allows complete control of front office and back office processes.
- Implementation includes master data management, procurement management, warehouse management, production management, sales management and POS in the stores.
- All key requirements were met with the out-of-the-box functionality. Only printed ticket formats and some specific reports were customized.
- Solution is deployed in the cloud.
PT. Bintang Indo Jaya, is a master franchisee for Rotiboy, which operates in Surabaya and Bali area of Indonesia.
Rotiboy Global, founded in Bukit Mertajam, Penang, Malaysia in 1998, the first Rotiboy was a neighbourhood bakery which baked fresh breads and loaves for the household, for kids to bring to school, cakes for birthday celebrations; home-makers were our best friends.
Having baked more than 100 million buns worldwide to date & still baking, currently, Rotiboy has 12 stores in Malaysia, 35 stores in Indonesia, and 150 stores in South Korea.