Openbravo is a world leader in the commercial open source software space helping midsize and larger businesses in 60+ countries successfully manage the business challenges from continuous change thanks to our agile, responsive, and easy to use management solutions.
Our flagship solution is the Openbravo Commerce Suite which offers mid-sized and larger specialty retailers a unique store solution including a responsive web and mobile point of sale, with a broad set of assisted sale and inventory visibility capabilities that enable retailers to deliver the promise of a great in-store experience and helps to create an emotional bond with customers. And all this is supported by a full back office functionality that allows retailers to keep all store operations under control.
All Openbravo solutions are built on top of a highly flexible and extendible mobile and cloud-ready platform that allows companies to more effectively embrace differentiation strategies to help increase their competitiveness.
Openbravo solutions are distributed exclusively through our worldwide network of Official Openbravo Partners. Openbravo has offices in India, Mexico, France and Spain.
To further strengthen our team Openbravo is looking to attract the very best professionals with an entrepreneurial mindset. We offer a professional development plan based on growth opportunities that exist in a dynamic software vendor with international focus like Openbravo, a competitive compensation system, and a company culture that fosters innovation and a results-driven approach.
If you are ready for a challenging, international and very rewarding professional experience we are waiting for you!
We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Cloud Solution Administrator / Developer
Based in Pamplona you will be responsible for the end-to-end evolution and maintenance of Openbravo Cloud Solution Offering. In your role you will collaborate in defining and implementing Openbravo Cloud Solution for the purpose of delivering best-in-class service to our Business Partners and End Customers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, specially related to business software.
- Warranty as a team effort 24x7x365 cloud service for Openbravo customers
- Interface with stakeholders (external and internal) in order to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution requirements.
- Constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues / risks and propose improvements
- Research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions.
- Participate in a definition of high, mid and micro level plans, and deliver on above requirements
- Main solution requirements to be handled are:
- Hardware and its sizing
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server and its configuration (DB, Application Server parameters)
- Network configuration
- Disaster recovery
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance
- Maintenance & security
- Cost-effective use of resources
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in maintaining / operating cloud solution or large distributed web based systems.
- Have a systems, technological and global vision of information systems (hardware, software, security, network, infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet)
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Working knowledge of:
- Very good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc. AWS Certification is a big plus
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or other application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
Excel in must haves (would really make candidates very valuable for us):
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization)
- DB Performance optimization and scalability
- Java Performance optimization and scalability
Nice to have
- RESTful web services
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Good written and oral English
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment
- 24x7 availability in a team rotation basis