In a world where change is the only constant, at Openbravo our mission is to help our clients effectively manage the uncertainty that results from the need for continuous innovation and adaptation, which is the new imperative for true competitiveness.
Openbravo is a world leader in the commercial open source software space helping midsize and large specialty retailers around the globe successfully manage continuous business change and innovation in today's fast-changing retail industry. Openbravo offers the Openbravo Commerce Suite, a multichannel retail business solution that allows specialty retailers to manage their entire business and transform their physical store channel to deliver great shopping experiences, while enabling more focus on business differentiation thanks to a highly flexible and extendible commerce technology platform, which is mobile-enabled and cloud-ready.
Openbravo has offices in France, India, Mexico and Spain and distributes its software solutions through a global network of Authorized Partners.
We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Cloud Solution Administrator / Developer.
Based in Pamplona you will be responsible for the end-to-end evolution and maintenance of Openbravo Cloud Solution Offering. In your role you will collaborate in defining and implementing Openbravo Cloud Solution for the purpose of delivering best-in-class service to our Business Partners and End Customers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, specially related to business software.
- Warranty as a team effort 24x7x365 cloud service for Openbravo customers
- Interface with stakeholders (external and internal) in order to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution requirements
- Constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues / risks and propose improvements
- Research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions
- Participate in a definition of high, mid and micro level plans, and deliver on above requirements
- Main solution requirements to be handled are: Hardware and its sizing Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server and its configuration (DB, Application Server parameters)
- Network configuration
- Disaster recovery
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance
- Maintenance & security
- Cost-effective use of resources
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in maintaining / operating cloud solution or large distributed web based systems.
- Have a systems, technological and global vision of information systems (hardware, software, security, network, infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet)
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Working knowledge of:
- Very good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc. AWS Certification is a big plus
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or other application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
Excel in must haves (would really make candidates very valuable for us):
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization)
- DB Performance optimization and scalability
- Java Performance optimization and scalability
Nice to have:
- RESTful web services
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Good written and oral English
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment
- 24x7 availability in a team rotation basis
What we Offer
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions