In a world where change is the only constant, at Openbravo our mission is to help our clients effectively manage the uncertainty that results from the need for continuous innovation and adaptation, which is the new imperative for true competitiveness.
Openbravo is a world leader in the commercial open source software space helping midsize and large specialty retailers around the globe successfully manage continuous business change and innovation in today's fast-changing retail industry. Openbravo offers the Openbravo Commerce Suite, a multichannel retail business solution that allows specialty retailers to manage their entire business and transform their physical store channel to deliver great shopping experiences, while enabling more focus on business differentiation thanks to a highly flexible and extendible commerce technology platform, which is mobile-enabled and cloud-ready.
Openbravo has offices in France, India, Mexico and Spain and distributes its software solutions through a global network of Authorized Partners.
We are seeking Support Consultants, to work, within the Support organization, providing technical consultancy, development and support services to our clients and partners network operating worldwide. As part of our International Openbravo Support Center, the candidate will remotely attend technical inquiries from our end customers and official partners network around the globe. Position can be based in our offices located in Pamplona, Barcelona and/or Querétaro.
The Support Consultant function has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Provide technical support and services to our customers and network of partners worldwide, as well as troubleshoot the reported issues and communicate with customers and partners via phone, email or other means on an as-needed basis, ensuring 24*7 service is always delivered for critical issues.
- Enable partners to successfully and autonomously support their End Customers by coaching/training them and by generating and continuously improving self-service material.
- Ensure service quality levels are maintained and /or improved. Also, improve the client's customer service experience through identification and implementation of service improvements to be coordinated with other Openbravo team when necessary.
- Manage crisis situations, which may involve complex technical software problems.
- Provide consulting and development expertise to Openbravo partners on configuration and technical enquiries or tasks and recommend appropriate solutions.
- Facilitate technical communication between customers, implementation partners and Openbravo partner managers, as well as for assessing the specific risks related to highly precise functional and/or technical knowledge and project complexities; not only resolving but also preventing delivery issues.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Telecommunications
- Relevant functional knowledge, POS/Retail and/or business software applications related experience
- Experience in Data Base Knowledge: SQL Language, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Hibernate
- Knowledge/experience in software development with the following technologies is a valuable plus:
- Java Platform and/or all tiers of an enterprise web application
- Programming concepts including MVC architecture
- Application Server Knowledge (Tomcat is a plus)
- Revision control tools (Mercurial is a plus)
- Other tools: Eclipse, Chrome developers tools, Selenium
- User Interface technologies is a plus: XML, HTML, HTML5/Application Cache /WebSQL, Backbone, Enyo
- Good written and oral communication skills in English is a must, in French is a valuable plus
- Analytical thinking & detail-oriented
- Proven ability to meet/exceed deadlines
- Initiative, flexibility and adaptability
What we Offer
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions