Openbravo World Conference call for papers opens
The Openbravo World Conference is an initiative put forth to share and fuel the growth of the professional open source space, namely in the Openbravo ERP technology. We will be welcoming to the community days (18th and 19th of April 2009) all those belonging to the Openbravo ecosystem: community member such as developers, customers, partners, and also newcomers. The access to the two community days will be free and will only require previous registration, which is now open. Make sure to reserve your place soon as space is limited.
As an open source project, Openbravo has always relied on contributions to increase its value, and this Conference is no different. That is why we strongly encourage interested parties in contributing to this event by presenting their expertise to an audience of 300 professionals involved in the field of open source ERPs.
The call for papers is now open until January 31st, 2009. This is a great opportunity to share your vision and experience relating to the following topics with the Openbravo community:
* Openbravo projects’ future direction
* How to extend Openbravo project functionality
* How to boost collaborations and contributions within the Openbravo ecosystem
* Migration from closed source ERP into Openbravo
* Experiences in the area of localization
* Integration with third party software
* Best practices around Openbravo ERP and POS
* Unusual deployments of Openbravo ERP and POS
Presentations can either be 30-minute sessions (Q&A included) or can have a round table format. As you know, all of these are very important issues for the Openbravo community. We invite everybody to participate by sending us your ideas using the call-for-papers-form.
The proposal selection criteria will be the following:
* Adequate for the conference audience
* Focussing on Openbravo products
* Professionally written and presented
* Providing value to the attendees
We recommend to keep these in mind when preparing your proposals. Do not hesitate to contact me (jmas at openbravo.com) if you have any questions or suggestions.
We will also have a session dedicated to Openbravo Success Stories, so if you currently use or have implemented Openbravo ERP or POS, we want to hear from you!
For further details such as the Agenda and Keynote Speakers, please consult the Openbravo World Conference microsite.