We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Senior Cloud Solution Administrator.
Based in Barcelona (Spain) or Lille (France) you will be responsible for the end-to-end evolution and maintenance of Openbravo Cloud Solution Offering. In your role, you will collaborate in defining and implementing Openbravo Cloud Solution to deliver best-in-class service to our End Customers and Business Partners.
The ideal candidate should bring 4+ years of relevant experience in the maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, primarily related to business software.
The function of Senior Cloud Solution Administrator has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Warranty as a team effort 24x7x365 cloud service for Openbravo customers.
- Interface with stakeholders (external and internal) to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution requirements. Main solution requirements to be handled are:
- Hardware and its sizing
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server and its configuration (DB, Application Server parameters)
- Disaster recovery
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance
- Maintenance & security
- Cost-effective use of resources
- Determine and generate client-side requirements covering Hardware and Software Stack.
- Determine and generate other area requirements covering integration with third parties. network configuration, maintenance and disaster recovery plan.
- Constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues/risks and propose improvements.
- Research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions.
- Help build architectural evolution plans to develop our platform and work closely with the development team for its delivery.
The professional we are seeking:
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in maintaining/operating cloud solution or large distributed web-based systems.
- Have a systems, technological and global vision of information systems (hardware, software, security, network, infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet)
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Working knowledge of:
- Must have
- Outstanding experience in Azure (Certification is a big plus)
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or another application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
- Excel in must-haves (would really make candidates very valuable for us):
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization)
- DB Performance optimization and scalability
- Java Performance optimization and scalability
- Nice to have
- Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc. AWS Certification is a big plus
- Have experience in leading projects or professional certification, proven ability to meet deadlines
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Good written and oral English
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast paced environment
- 24x7 availability in a team rotation basis
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to email@example.com.
Please put "Senior Cloud Solution Administrator" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!