We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Systems Architect as part of our Professional Services organization.
The role is directly responsible for delivering best-in-class architecture consultancy services to Openbravo Clients and, as needed, Business Partners, being part of a project team together with other Openbravo consultants and/or developers.
The ideal candidate should bring 4+ years of relevant experience in systems architecture and/or performance engineering, preferably related to POS/Retail and/or business software applications, as well as client delivery background.
Position can be based in our offices located in Pamplona and Barcelona and alternatively in Querétaro.
The position of Systems Architect involves the following areas of responsibility:
- Analyze, design and improve architecture and configuration, as well as optimize performance of new or existing Openbravo systems.
- Determine and generate server side requirements covering:
- Hardware and its sizing
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server
- Architecture: single server, multiple servers, cluster, load balancing.
- Configuration: DB, Application Server parameters.
- Determine and generate client side requirements covering:
- Hardware and Software Stack.
- Determine and generate other area requirements covering:
- Network configuration.
- Maintenance and disaster recovery plan.
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance.
- Generate a set of acceptance test requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative technological solutions as an input for your work
- Be a proactive advisor of Openbravo Product Development area.
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices for Openbravo maintenance and backups.
- Mentor and contribute to develop junior team member inside the Architecture practice team.
Desired Skills and Experience
The professional we are seeking:
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Has 4+ years of related systems and/or performance engineering experience.
- Has demonstrable experience in international Professional Services organization, specially in the POS/Retail software and/or business software space.
- Has a solid technical background with solid working knowledge of:
- PostgreSQL (preferably) or Oracle database administration.
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization).
- Tomcat (or other application server).
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning.
- Shell scripting.
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup.
- Amazon EC2 (or other cloud ISPs).
- Server monitoring tools (e.g. Munin)
- DB Performance and scalability.
- Java Performance and scalability.
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (e.g. AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic, etc..)
- Is a strong analytical thinker with a focus on project delivery.
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Has good communication skills, used to work in a client setting.
- Is fully proficient to work in at least English and Spanish. French is a plus.
- Is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment.
- Has availability to travel as required for the success of the business.
What we offer
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please put "Systems Architect" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!