We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Cloud Solution Administrator.
Based in Barcelona (Pamplona or Lille - France) you will be responsible for the end-to-end evolution and maintenance of Openbravo Cloud Solution Offering. In your role you will collaborate in defining and implementing Openbravo Cloud Solution for the purpose of delivering best-in-class service to our Business Partners and End Customers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in maintenance and evolution of cloud solutions, specially related to business software.
- Warranty as a team effort 24x7x365 cloud service for Openbravo customers
- Interface with stakeholders (external and internal) in order to determine their evolving needs and translate them to solution requirements.
- Constantly analyze Openbravo Cloud Solution performance and configuration, note existing and anticipate future issues / risks and propose improvements
- Research and pilot new Cloud technologies, trends, and innovative solutions.
- Participate in a definition of high, mid and micro level plans, and deliver on above requirements
- Main solution requirements to be handled are:
- Hardware and its sizing
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server and its configuration (DB, Application Server parameters)
- Network configuration
- Disaster recovery
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance
- Maintenance & security
- Cost-effective use of resources
- Determine and generate client-side requirements covering:
- Hardware and Software Stack.
- Determine and generate other area requirements covering:
- Integration with third parties.
- Network configuration.
- Maintenance and disaster recovery plan.
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance.
- Generate a set of acceptance test requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative technological solutions as an input for your work
- Help build architectural evolution plans to develop our platform and work closely with the development team for its delivery.
- Be a proactive advisor of Openbravo Product Development area.
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices for Openbravo maintenance and backups.
Desired Skills and Experience
The professional we are seeking:
- Has a MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in maintaining / operating cloud solution or large distributed web based systems.
- Have a systems, technological and global vision of information systems (hardware, software, security, network, infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet)
- Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights.
- Working knowledge of:
- Very good experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS): EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, Route 53, IAM, etc. AWS Certification is a big plus
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning
- Shell scripting
- PostgreSQL or Oracle database administration (preferably PostgreSQL, knowledge of both is a huge plus)
- Tomcat (or other application server)
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup
- Server monitoring tools (for example, Munin)
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (for example, AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic or others)
Excel in must haves (would really make candidates very valuable for us):
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization)
- DB Performance optimization and scalability
- Java Performance optimization and scalability
Nice to have
- RESTful web services
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Good written and oral English
- High degree of curiosity about new technologies
- Is a person who is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment
- 24x7 availability in a team rotation basis
What we offer
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates can also write an email with their resume attached to email@example.com. Please put "Cloud Solution Administrator" as the subject of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!