We are looking for a highly energetic individual to take the role of Systems Engineer as part of our Professional Services organization.
The role is directly responsible for delivering best-in-class system engineering consulting services to Openbravo Clients and, as needed, Business Partners, being part of a project team together with other Openbravo consultants and/or developers.
The ideal candidate should bring 2+ years of relevant experience in systems engineering and/or performance engineering, preferably related to POS/Retail and/or business software applications, as well as client delivery background.
The position will be based in our office located in Barcelona. Other Openbravo offices (e.g. Pamplona or Lille/France) could be potentially considered.
The position of Systems Engineer involves the following areas of responsibility:
- Analyze, design and improve architecture and configuration, as well as optimize the performance of new or existing Openbravo systems.
- Determine and generate server-side requirements covering:
- Hardware and its sizing.
- Software stack: OS, DB, Application Server.
- Architecture: single server, multiple servers, cluster, load balancing.
- Configuration: DB, Application Server parameters.
- Determine and generate client-side requirements covering:
- Hardware and Software Stack.
- Determine and generate other area requirements covering:
- Integration with third parties.
- Network configuration.
- Maintenance and disaster recovery plan.
- Monitoring systems to collect and report system performance.
- Generate a set of acceptance test requirements.
- Research and evaluate alternative technological solutions as an input for your work
- Help build architectural evolution plans to develop our platform and work closely with the development team for its delivery.
- Be a proactive advisor of Openbravo Product Development area.
- Assist in developing and implementing best practices for Openbravo maintenance and backups.
Desired Skills and Experience
The professional we are seeking:
- Has an MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work experience.
- Has 2+ years of related systems and/or performance engineering experience.
- Has a solid technical background with solid working knowledge of:
- PostgreSQL (preferably) or Oracle database administration.
- PL/SQL (along with query optimization).
- Tomcat (or another application server).
- Linux (preferably Ubuntu) management and tuning.
- Shell scripting.
- Disaster recovery techniques including replication and backup.
- Amazon EC2 (or other cloud ISPs).
- Server monitoring tools (e.g. Munin).
- DB Performance and scalability.
- Java Performance and scalability.
- Application Performance Monitoring Tools (e.g. AppDynamics, AppNeta, New Relic, etc..)
- Is a team player, very proactive and able to work autonomously.
- Has good communication skills, used to work in a client setting.
- Is fully proficient to work in at least English and Spanish. French is a plus.
- Is flexible and adapts rapidly as needed in a fast pace environment.
- Has availability to travel as required for the success of the business.
What we offer
- A career in an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for professional development.
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.
- A competitive compensation & benefits package.
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates can also write an email with their resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Systems Engineer" as the subject of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!