Openbravo is offering an exciting internship position in its Cloud Team for a young software engineer to have a challenging and enriching first professional experience in our Customer Success Unit organization. The position is based in Barcelona.
The Customer success cloud team is in charge of the performance, availability, reliability, and monitoring for our customer that choose our cloud product and at the same time we configure, create, set up and maintain the tools we need to achieve it.
So, if you are passionate and curious about technologies and how things work, you are a problem solving "padawan" and don’t want to stop learning in your professional life come and work and learn with us!
The function of the Software Engineer Intern (Monitoring) has the following key areas of responsibility:
- Design, create, build, configure maintain and use our own solution and tools to achieve the team objectives:
- Deliver performance & monitoring support and services to our customers, driving problems to resolution and ensuring their satisfaction.
- Generate, manage and report the application performance as captured by the monitoring tools and proactively work with different teams to resolve performance issues.
- Partner with product and engineering teams an efficient monitoring service. Upon issue detection, when escalation is required, ensure a swift transition to appropriate teams to contribute to client satisfaction.
- Scale-out monitoring solutions as necessary to meet changing enterprise needs.
- Act -temporarily- an active developer of our Product Development team to understand our main software product as well as to be able to share and exchange with the development team the needs and challenges of the monitoring team.
- You will be working with the following technologies and methodologies:
- Apache Http server, Tomcat, and PostgreSQL
- Agile methodologies and DevOps approach
- Linux, command line, bash, ssh
- Network (VPN, routes, VPC, load balancer, firewalls, ...)
- Version control (git, mercurial)
- scripting languages ( like python, awk)
- Public clouds (AWS, Azure)
- Monitoring solutions ( ELK, Nagios, …)
The intern we are seeking:
- Last year student or recently graduated in Computer Science or similar disciplines with the possibility of signing an internship agreement.
- Data Base, Application server, Web technologies, and network Knowledge
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Interest for performance, metrics, and visibility
- Ability to work in a team and to be flexible.
- Interest for learning fast under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and very proactive.
- Excellent communications skills (written/oral English is a must).
What we offer
- A career in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business environment
- An opportunity to accelerate your professional development
- A dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions
- A competitive compensation & benefits package
How to apply
Qualified and interested candidates should write an email with their resume attached to email@example.com.
Please put "Software Engineer Intern (Monitoring)" in the subject line of your mail.
Thanks for your interest in Openbravo!