What do these guys at Openbravo do?
Openbravo is a world leader in the commercial open source software space helping midsize and large specialty retailers around the globe successfully manage continuous business change and innovation in today's fast-changing retail industry. Openbravo offers the Openbravo Commerce Suite, a multichannel retail business solution that allows specialty retailers to manage their entire business and transform their physical store channel to deliver great shopping experiences, while enabling more focus on business differentiation thanks to a highly flexible and extendible commerce technology platform, which is mobile-enabled and cloud-ready.
Openbravo has offices in France, India, Mexico and Spain and distributes its software solutions through a global network of Authorized Partners.
Openbravo is always looking to attract the very best professionals to whom we offer a professional development plan based on growth opportunities that exist in a dynamic software vendor with international focus like Openbravo, surrounded by a company culture that fosters innovation and a results-driven approach.
In that context Openbravo is seeking Software Development Interns aiming to have a challenging and very rewarding first professional experience in our Product Development and Services areas, based in our headquarters in Pamplona.
So, if you are crazy about technology and developemt, you are a problem solving "padawan" and you have the ability to learn quickly... we are waiting for you!
What would I do as an Openbravo intern?
- Apply Agile methodologies for Software Development
- Develop new functionalities for Web POS.
- Study the state of the art technologies for mobile web
- Emulate different kind of behaviors over a data network (latency, bandwidth, intermittency, ...)
- Develop in Java: code, compile, execute, debug, etc...
- Development environment with Eclipse IDE
- Maintenance of Oracle and PostgreSQL database: select, insert, update, delete, alter table, etc.
- Source Control Management with Mercurial: clone, push, merge, etc...
- SSH: Connect to remote environments, open secure tunnels, etc...
- Incidence Management with Mantis
Do I fit?
- Last year student or recently graduated in Computer Science or similar disciplines with the possibility of signing an internship agreement.
- Able to learn fast under pressure in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work in a team and to be flexible.
- Self motivated and very proactive.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good communications skills (written/oral English is a must).
What will I get?
The possibility to gain experience into an entrepreneurial firm with huge potential for growth and professional development, and immersed in a dynamic and young culture with flexible working conditions.